Background

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tests, Nephews, and Showers

Well this week was a breeze for the BPP and NST's. I know I have said this before but we really do have an overachiever on our hands here!! Last week was his first one and he completed his BPP in 13 minutes (they allow up to 30 minutes to complete everything) with flying colors. Well this week he completed his BPP in 5 MINUTES!!! Then I went down to have my NST done and he must have changed moods quickly b/c he was very quiet for this. He established a good heart rhythm which is good, but then wasn't showing an accelerations so we poked and moved him around a little bit which did the trick b/c then he had no problem showing off again! We don't go back until the 23rd for the next set of test and then on the 30th to see our perinatologist to have our level II ultrasound done.

As many of you know my sister Michelle and nephew Christopher who live in New Hampshire were able to come to town for a little over a week which I wish could have lasted another 10 weeks b/c we had so much fun getting together again. Christopher is a hoot and loves playing Transformers in which Jared was much obliged to play with him. As I am sitting there watching them fly and drive Optimus Prime and Bumblebee all over the living room I thought to myself "this is going to be my life in 3 years!" Jared took on the challenge of babysitting Christopher during my baby shower. When I left them at home they were both laying on the couch under a blanket watching the Vikings game! It was so precious I actually did shed a tear walking up the stairs thanks to my awesome hormones. So as I said goodbye to one nephew today I have the pleasure of announcing the arrival of a new nephew!! My sister Julie who was 6 weeks further along then I am deliver Marshall Frederick Sipe today at 12:33pm weighing in at 9lbs and 1 ounce at 22inches long!!! Her induction was set up for tomorrow morning but decided that he would rather share a bday with his mom as today is Julie's 30th birthday!!! What a great way to celebrate!

I had my first baby shower this past Sunday which was thrown by my mother and two sisters and man was it a blast! Jared and I received so many nice gifts! Things are definitely starting to feel more real after receiving all those gifts knowing that in the next month and half we will need to use the stroller, infant seat, and blankets!! I can't thank everyone enough for all the great gifts and taking time out of your day to come and celebrate with me. Jared pretty much had a second Christmas going through everything at home!! My next shower is this coming Sunday which is being thrown for us by the Brechon women which I am looking forward to as it is always a great time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment