Background

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good Measurements

Jared and I got to see our little guy today b/c at my appt on Friday my fundal height was measuring 35cm compared to what I should have been at which is 30cm. They say that you should measure what your weeks are and on Friday I was 29 weeks and 6 days. So they wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure that this stubborn little boy wasn't measuring too big or that I didn't have too much amniotic fluid. The radiology tech actually happened to be my nurse practitioner's sister so that was cool! She was wicked nice and did a great job. After all the pictures and measurements she took, she confirmed that I am measuring TO THE DATE with my Jan 30th due date! More then likely it was just the position he was in when she was measuring on Friday. The rad tech asked if we knew what we were having and I told her that we saw one picture that it was a boy, but that if she saw something and wanted to really confirm it, that it would be fantastic! Needless to say the first picture she saw was CLEARLY boy, like all up in your face boy!!!! She was able to give us a picture of the "goods" which reaffirmed me b/c I have A LOT of boy things that really would have been a hassle to take back!! I cheated and looked in my medical record at work on the dictation by the radiologist and looks like he said that estimated fetal weight is 1587grams which is in the 52.3 percentile. Jared asked about how much she thought this little guy weighed and said that according to measurements he is right around 3 pounds! It's crazy to think that took 30 weeks to weigh 3 pounds but that in the next 9 weeks he will double his weight!!! He was face up but positioned head down, which coincides with all the jabs, kicks, and punches i feel on the right upper side of my stomach! Oh boy does this guy move! I will be laying on the couch and it literally looks like my stomach is having seizures! It is really cool to see though. I still have been feeling good. My ankles have been starting to swell, especially my left one. When I get home from work I elevate them right away and by morning they are back to normal. I have been having some pelvic/groin discomfort. Mainly just feeling sore and the nurse practitioner said that it is likely from my pelvic bones starting to move/shift and get ready for the delivery. Other then that nothing exciting has been going on. Jared and I are still having the name game discussion. We are still on Tanner or Connor, we do like Noah, but are always open to suggestions and ideas. Jared is currently getting backgrounded by Big Lake and New Hope police departments so send prayers our way for one of these to come through. I don't know why any department wouldn't want to hire him b/c he is going to make a fabulous police officer! We hope that everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with safe travels for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment