Background

Friday, November 13, 2009

3 hours later and finally PASSED!!!

Since I failed my one hour glucose test I had to endure the 3 hours of sitting in the lab lobby 2 floors below my work not allowed to leave the lobby for any reason! My poor vein in my right arm was poked so many times I started to bruise. They had to draw blood 4 different times in order to obtain my fasting glucose levels. For curious people I will type out my level followed by the level it needed to be under so you can see the comparison (ex. 134/140). My original 1 hour test: 167/140 (bombed that one!). 3 hour test: Fasting level 94/95. First hour 145/180. Second hour 126/155. Third hour 63/140. As you can tell my levels were quite under this time which is good, for the exception of my fasting level (weird). When I finally was released from the locked cell of the lobby I went up to work and actually got quite light headed and nauseous since it had been 15 hours since I was able to eat or drink anything! You can tell why I got light headed since my blood sugar was 63!!!! I am very thankful that I passed this test because I did not want to have to deal with gestational diabetes. However, this gave Jared ample opportunity for him to nag at me for drinking pop. Everytime I would eat a piece of candy or crack a can of pop Jared would yell DIABETES!!! So supportive!! Just kidding! He has been very supportive, amazing, and interested through out the whole process (even though he likes the name Anakin!) It's hard to believe I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and will need to start going every 2 weeks to see my DR, CRAZY! Also, Jared and I have decided yet once again, to change DRs!! If you are shaking your head, I am right there with you! Due to an insurance change once again I will be seeing a DR at a Park Nicollet Clinic which is coveniently located one floor below me which makes it quite easy for upcoming appts as I can do them over my lunch hour instead of needing to take half days off of work. With this change that does mean that we will be changing hospitals for delivery also. Now, and I don't care about insurance anymore, we will FOR SURE be going to Methodist Hospital in St Louis Park. Right now we are registered for our birthing classes Dec 5th and 12th in which should be an interesting experience! We will get to take a tour of the birth center then so that will be fun! We finally got registered at Target and Babies R Us as Jared scanned EVERY SINGLE item on both lists. I did not once touch the scanner! My next appt is on Nov 20th so in the weeks to come you can check back for some updated information!

No comments:

Post a Comment