Background

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SURPRISE...IT'S A BOY!!!!

It's a BOY!!!!!! Jared and I went to an appt today with our DR/clinic that we will be sticking with the rest of the time until delivery. (But, just our luck Jared will get a job 3 hours away and we will have to transfer to another hospital all over again!!!) We have decided that we will deliver at St. Francis Regional Medical Center in Shakopee, MN. If you would like to check it out for yourself here is the web link and you can play around on their website. http://www.stfrancis-shakopee.com/services_familybirthplace.htm

So as we transfered we were able to get another ultrasound done today in which was done by a radiology tech who was very very nice. She has only worked there 8 months but told us that she has had great success in finding the sex!! She saved the anticipation till the end in which she said that "it" is a boy and showed us the goods!! She was not able to print a picture for us as it is not a diagnostic necessity, but gave us a great view!! I asked how sure she was and she said she saw boy parts in the beginning but didn't want to say anything incase it was a one time occurrence or a view of the umbilical cord. Then she said that she noticed it a couple other times throughout the ultrasound and then at the end when she found it again she way confident. I actually had to get up and walk around for about 10 minutes because she didn't get a very good profile picture and needed to see the nasal bone. Baby was originally fully stretched out, head facing down, and sideways with his butt still sticking up in the air! After our walk baby boy Kuyper moved but only pulled his feet up to his head which didn't help at all what so ever, stubborn? She still had a hard time seeing it and mentioned that the radiologist will not be happy enough with the picture so more then likely next month we will have to go back to see if they can get a better view. Babies heart rate was 139 and was EXTREMELY active!! The rad tech even mentioned that he was being stubborn! Again, big surprise!!

It is actually quite funny that he is a boy because over 80% of our families swore it was going to be a girl. They had the "feeling" that is was a girl! Guess not! It will be really fun having a boy because my oldest sister is due in December with a boy and my brother and his fiance just had a boy in May! They will be the 3 musketeers together at family functions! And I have a cousin on the Jungers' side who is having a boy in December also!!! It's going to be crazy! Now Lucas won't be the only boy on the Brechon side!!! Nora will have to wear her princess crown a little longer on the Jungers' side until someone else decides to have another baby...hint hint MICHELLE LYNN!!!

Jared and I have talked about names. We actually have had names picked out since before we were married! We are not 100% set in stone on them and are open to change if we come across something else. I like Connor and Jared likes Tanner. With either name, the middle name will be Arthur which is Jared's and and his dad's middle name. Sorry if you don't like the names you will just have to deal with it!!! I promise the I will finally put up ultrasound pictures tonight when I go over to my parents to go shopping with my mom! I can't wait b/c now I can actually look specifically at one gender and not just say oh this is cute, that is cute and put it back on the rack!!!

10 comments:

  1. My cousin's name is Tanner so my choice is that one! Very cute. And Congrats Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAt is pretty exciting. I am sure Lucas will think that is pretty cool having another boy around. connor is a very cute but I might be a little biased. Where is jared going to be working. I haven't heard anything about a new job.
    Congrats don't by too much blue... green and yellow are very cute too. THat is what I am going to buy for baby Kennedy because she has so much pink already. love you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Melissa! Good luck deciding on a name! We never found out the sex of any of our babies and Paul's is the only name we were 100% on the whole pregnancy. Up until a month before Amelia was born she was going to be Gracie or Paul if she was a boy. Paul we just knew because we named him after my uncle, and Adeline we finalized about 3 weeks before my c-section! Have fun shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! I need to put it on record that I never said it was a girl (or a boy to be fair-I was so unsure on this one). Poor Annette will have to wait to buy bows and tiara's :)
    Boy are so much fun- you will love it! The names are great. Remember if you really don't like any name he picks out everything can change when he sees you go through contractions-you get a little more say than just 50% :) Too bad we are not done having babies or I would have lots of stuff for you!
    I bet Baby Boy Kuyper will get some OSU stuff in his near future :) Congratulations again. We are so excited to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I was in the 20%! Congrats on the boy! I was hoping for Nora's sake that it was a girl, but she will be very good with boy relationships! We are very happy for you and very excited!! Good luck with the next ultrasound too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, very exciting. I agree with Marmo greens and yellows are cute too and too much blue or pink can be a bad thing. We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you both Megan and Marmo! One of my favorite colors is blue but you can have too much! I really like reds and greens also so the few clothes that I have bought have very little blue in them. The wedding is going to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire the valuable information you provide in your articles. I'll mark your blog and see my friends here often. I'm sure you will learn many new things here than anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent. I hope everything went well.

    ReplyDelete