Background

Thursday, September 17, 2009

20 weeks and still waiting...

The "big" appt was on Tuesday but nothing "big" happened. We went back down to Mankato for this appt to have the ultrasound done with my DR. Both Jared and I are glad to be out of there! It was weird going back down there and then leaving again. Everything looks great with baby. Since we were so determined to find out the sex, baby decided to make us wait even longer, stubbornness already!!! Maybe some things really are genetic!! Baby was breech with butt sticking straight up in the air! The umbilical cord was lying just oh so perfectly in between the legs covering up all anatomy to make it impossible to see either way!! The ultrasound was really cool. You could see babies feet tap dancing on my bladder. Which would make since because I feel like I spend more time in the bathroom then I do laying in bed sleeping! Babies heart rate was 148 and weighs 13oz! How can something so tiny be so stubborn already!!! Maybe it's a sign that Jared and I need to prepare. Baby was doing some cute poses with putting the hand on the face and moving fingers and toes around. Jared was too funny during this ultrasound. Dr Larson was down by the anatomy region and Jared and I both thought we say boy parts so Jared promptly says, "whoa, that's a big penis!" My Dr then explained that it was where the umbilical cord attaches to baby and that the untrained eye would assume that! That is then when Larson pointed out the umbilical cord is right in between the legs covering everything up. Needless to say we were really hoping to find out if it was a boy or a girl b/c you can only have so many green and yellow things! It would also make shopping easier and a lot more fun!! When Jared and I left the clinic we promptly went to Taco Bell to eat something spicy in hopes that baby would move if we were able to get back in later that day to do a quick peek with another ultrasound. My DR was a little too busy to get me back in so we are just going to have to wait till next month!

I have now found a DR up here in the cities and will be going there on Oct 13th. They will be repeating an ultrasound because my DR in Mankato didn't get the best look at the heart and would like to take another look when it will be a bigger/easier to see. Baby and I read a book together everyday and have a "talk" after about maybe cooperating at the next appt. We are going to a family wedding the weekend of the 16th, 17th, 18th so it would be fun to be able to tell everyone!

I was laying on the ground the other day on my stomach and thought I felt baby moving. I told Dr Larson about it and he said that if I continue to feel the same movements that it probably is baby moving. Jared asks everyday if I can feel baby moving yet. I think he is a little anxious to be able to feel the baby move too. It might make it a little more "real" to him once he can feel the jabs and punches! At the end of the day, regardless boy or girl, we are happy that baby is healthy and growing.

1 comment:

  1. that would be the most important but I can understand your excitement to know "he/she"but if it is meant to be it will be... I am glad all if ok and as far as green and yellow just be sure someone gives you a shower AFTER the baby is born. Although seems like a baby gets many gifts then too. So never worry about that. See you guys on the 16th it will be fun. I WILL have baby pictures.

    ReplyDelete