Background

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving and Much more

This past weekend Jared and I finally moved out of Mankato and back to the cities!! YAY! I can't even say that it was bitter sweet to leave, more like good riddance. The only things that we will miss are the friends we made, the water pressure in our apartment, our DVR, and our king bed while it is in storage. Jared's parents have graciously opened their basement to us so we will be living with them until right before baby comes or when Jared finds a job before that. We pretty much have everything in a 10x by 10x storage unit and if you open it you may become part of the storage mess with things falling on top of you! Next time we make a really big move, I will be hiring someone/company to come in a move for us!!!

Jared will be working at the Rosemount armory full time doing some National Gaurd stuff until he finds a police officer job. Yesterday he had an interview at the U of M and has some other applications heading out in the mail too. He recently bought NCAA Football 2010 for his xbox and is very very anxiously awaiting Madden 2010 also. I am actually okay with him playing his games b/c right now all I want to do is lay in bed or on the couch in a ball, more to come on this. Jared has recovered from our last OB appt and is back to asking questions. I can't even drink a can of Sprite without him telling me that I shouldn't be drinking pop b/c of the caffeine. I then kindly remind him that Sprite, Sierra Mist, and Ginger Ale are caffeine free!!! Many people like to touch pregnant bellies regardless if you know the person or not. As we were laying in bed Jared proceeded to tell me "That he will be touching my stomach once baby gets bigger no matter what!" I thought it was so cute when he said it b/c he had such a serious and stern voice about it!

Even though we moved this past weekend I am staying with some friends in Eagle Lake which is only about 8 minutes away from Mankato. I will be down here until August 21st. That is when I will be able to move all my stuff up to the cities. However, I will make a couple trips back down to Mankato for work and my Sept prenatal appt. I am in the process of being backgrounded for a 911 dispatcher position with Dakota County. I am hoping that things will be nearing the finalizing stages and I would be able to start around mid Sept. I have not been feeling well at all. I thought things were supposed to get better going into the second trimester??? I felt great up to week 11 without any vomiting and a very rare case of the nauseous queezies. Now all that has changed. I have not been vomiting but I am nauseous a lot and I have really bad food aversions. I may think that someone sounds good to eat but when I go to eat it, I take two bites and thats all I can do. I have been forcing myself to eat lately b/c food just doesn't sound good. No matter how naseous I am I could always eat a peanut butter and pickel sandwich!!! I get tired very quickly in which is makes working these overnights 100 times harder then before. My next appt is on August 20th when my DR (thank goodness) will do yet another ultrasound to finally get some measurements and give me a better expected due date. I am not sure where I will be going for my prenatal care once I am permanently in the cities. I will have my Sept appt with my DR here in Mankato and I am hoping that we will be able to find the sex out in Sept!

It's crazy to think that in two months we will be half way done with the entire pregnancy!!! Time really does fly by! Well I better get back to work!! Since I haven't had internet for a while I am at work and updating this so maybe I should get back to getting some things done tonight! Once I can get a scanner I will put up some ultrasound pictures. Congrats to Brian and Megan on their adorbale baby girl Cassidy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had that sick feeling for awhile too. Someone suggested Preggie Pops to me and they seemed to help. I got mine at Motherhood Maternity, but I have also seen them at Babies R Us. They are different flavors, but most of them are sour tasting. I guess the sour taste helps with the sick feeling because they really helped me. Also - most root beers are caffiene free! Hope your feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope u start feeling better soon, it's amazing how fast 9 months go. We are loving being parents and pregnancy seems so long ago. It's fun to see how excited the new dads get about everything

    ReplyDelete